The Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA) states the following regarding our Church Elder Boards:
“The highest functioning authority of the local church shall be the Board of Elders which may be called by another name and is herein referred to as the Board.
Board members shall be elected, and along with the senior pastor, will provide oversight of the ministry and operation of the local church.”
Building effective leadership teams (Elder Boards) is a top priority for every winning ministry. Below are resources that provide insight on some of the following topics:
- how to build effective teams through maximizing the uniqueness of each team player, mutually focused on a common goal.
- understand a governance model that will create a climate for both leadership and ministry to excel within respected boundaries.
- learn practical steps for experiencing effective leadership team meetings.
- maximizing teaching/learning effectiveness
- personnel matters
- Biblical Guidelines For Conflict Resolution
- Biblical Principles For Establishing Pastoral Remuneration
- Biblical Qualifications For Elders
- Commissioning Of Elders
- Conducting Better Board Meetings
- Consent Agenda
- Effective Board Meetings & Planning
- Elders Board Roles & Responsibilities
- Elders’ Roles & Responsibilities (presentation)
- Expectations Of Elders
- Holding A Successful Annual General Meeting
- How To Build A Strong & Effective Team
- Pastoral Transition
- Team Assessment
- Team Covenant
- Transitional Leadership Manual
- What Do You Bring To Your Team?