Field Engagement & Support Update
It has been a great privilege to begin my role as Director of Field Engagement and Support. My heart, head, and hands deeply resonate with being a: Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, and Mission-focused (multiplying Christ-like people everywhere) movement of churches!
The work done by the Field Engagement and Support (FES) Team is meant to fuel our passion for who God has called us to be and what God has called us to do! As you are aware, our WCD has and is going through The Issachar Project. The purpose of The Issachar Project is: To ensure the effectiveness of the WCD of the CMA in leading and serving its church leaders in ways that enable them to have the greatest Kingdom impact in a post-Christian environment.
In response to the Issachar report, the first priority of the Director of Field Engagement and Support is to ascertain a clear assessment of church and constituent needs. This will lead to a redefining of the resources and means used to catalyze the desired movement forward for our churches.
By way of update, here is what has happened and will be happening.
1. I (Clint) have met with Terry Mochar (Issachar Project Lead) and Lorne
Fredlund (Issachar Implementation Team Lead) for wisdom and guidance on
the methodology of taking the next step in the FES mandate.
2. Several focus group questions were crafted and vetted through a variety of
people including district leadership team and a research specialist.
3. Utilizing our Mission Cluster groups, six regional focus groups (listening
posts) were conducted.
4. All the focus groups endeavored to have fair constituent representation by
way of ministry roles (including lay leaders), age, gender and ethnicity.
5. The responses gleaned from these focus groups have been correlated into
6. An equally diverse Field Engagement and Support Wisdom Board was struck
with the objective of considering the input from the Issachar Report, the
Focus Groups, The Flourishing Congregations Institute, and the District
Leadership Team. After processing this amalgamated information with a
posture of biblical and Spirit led discernment, there will be a preliminary
assessment of both church and constituent needs; leading to a redefining of
the resources and means used to catalyze the desired movement forward for
7. The FES Wisdom Board is scheduled to gather on November 18 and 25.
8. A preliminary report from the Wisdom Board will be given to the District
Leadership Team by the middle of December.
9. From January to March 2020, this preliminary plan will be taken on a WCD
“Town Hall” tour for further refinement.
10.A final recommendation of the plan will be given to DEXCOM for its Spring
James 1:5 reminds us that when we lack wisdom, we can ask God and God will
generously give this to us! When we consider the diversity of our WCD family and
the complexities of having a Kingdom impact in our post-Christendom country, we
desperately need wisdom from above to be a Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered,
and Mission-focused (multiplying Christ-like people everywhere) movement
Thanks for your prayers!
Grace and peace,
Director of Field Engagement and Support